Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Liesl, 7N

I had the worst nightmare I've ever had last night. I had gone to see my doctor and he told me that I had to start wearing orthopedic shoes. I was excited at first, thinking, new shoes! When he took me to the back wall of his office and showed me the shoes, I shook my head, screamed no, and started to have a panic attack. The shoes were a cross between running shoes, men's oxfords and cardboard boxes. My doctor told that I would lose my ability to walk if I didn't wear these shoes. In other words, my life was well and truly over.

I haven't been able to shake the feelings from that nightmare this morning. The horror of seeing the abomination they were calling a shoe and the agony of hearing that I would have to wear it... it is too much for my fragile psyche. In the dream, I chose the wheelchair over the horrific shoes. Naturally.

Life isn't worth living in bad shoes. You present yourself to the world in your shoes and if you don't care enough to present yourself as fabulous, you might as well resign yourself to mediocrity. And who wants that?

If dreams were reality I'd be Christian Louboutin's best friend and all the world would be better for it.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket
Alessandro Dell'Acqua "719032A"

0 Fabulosas: