Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Liesl, 7N

Did you watch Tuesday's Oprah? You seriously missed it, if not. She was supposed to have on Christian Louboutin but he came down with bronchitis. Instead, she had on one of his representatives and, more importantly, his shoes. I whimpered. He called shoes "life filled art objects." Have I mentioned? he completes me.

I had never seen a picture of the God of Shoes, so I was a bit surprised to see this little man tooling around Paris on a scooter. But then I realized, he couldn't possibly have lived up to my expectations. No man is Leonidas, Achilles, Hector and Odysseus all rolled into one with a massive helping of shoe perfection. Still, the God of Shoes will always be more than enough man any woman would need. You know, because of the whole completing thing. And the shoes.

This is why Christian Louboutin is the God of Shoes: Photobucket
I am crying tears of salty purity over those shoes. Those shoes are the cat's meow after good sex and the bees knees after a run through a field of poppies. Those shoes are sublimity in material form and delicousness in satin and bows. Those shoes simply are.

I think we should all launch a thousand paper ships of fabulous in honor of Christian Louboutin.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket
Christian Louboutin, of course.

2 Fabulosas:

Poochie said...

The sad thing is, those were probably "production" shoes. I almost bought the black and cream pair and then I saw this:

http://shoedaydreams.blogspot.com/2007/11/wha-happened.html

The store confirmed that the reality was not as good as the one-off pieces that have been shown and photographed. In spite of the cost I so wanted them but not the droopy dragging version. It made me very very sad.

Luv
Poochie

Shoegirls said...

That is so, so, so, so, so, so wrong. I feel so betrayed. Louby needs a talking to. I say we head to Paris and find him and, um, talk to him.