Saturday, April 14, 2007

Suz, 10N

I am feeling pissed off and bitter today. I hate that feeling. I end up with such a knot of rage in my gut, that I want to scream. Primal scream. OK band, weird psycho babble trend in the 70's.

Anyway, back to why I'm pissed off and bitter. As those of you with hard to fit feet know, it's not easy to find pretty shoes. So it's particularly insulting when a company who likes to brag that they have shoes available in your size, ends up only having ugly shoes in your size. What up with that?

The company I take issue with is Naturalizer. I just received the latest catalog in the mail. Full of lovely, pretty shoes that I can afford. One glaring problem - their lovely, pretty shoes are available only up to size 9N. Why would they not take that one extra step and stock them in size 10N? Do they think that 9 is the cutoff and that women with size 10N (or larger) feet don't want to look fabulous? Seriously. What the hell is up with that?

So I wrote a letter. I encourage all of you who share my predicament to do the same. I know there are lots of you out there.

I am writing to express my extreme frustration with your sizing. I just received my latest catalog, and yet again, I see that all your cute and pretty new shoes are size either in M or W only, or worse yet for me, N to size 9. I wear a size 10N. I prefer to wear pretty shoes. I would shop from you far more if you just took that one extra step and carried your most attractive styles in my size. Frankly, I don't want to buy much of what you offer in size 10N. To put it mildly, they are ugly. I wouldn't be caught dead in them.

So, until such time as you decide to offer your pretty shoes in my size, I'll continue to do the bulk of my shoe shopping at Nordstrom and Zappos.

PS: I buy at least one pair of shoes a month.


Today's shoe:


Manolo Blahnik Toe Ring Flat

0 Fabulosas: