Saturday, April 07, 2007

Liesl, 7N

I recently bought a pair of Jessica Simpson shoes that miraculously fit well and were quite fabulous. After I bought those shoes I went to the jewelry counter and bought a pair of Jennifer Lopez earrings. I was a bit embarrassed about these purchases because of the pop culture connection and it got me to thinking about celebrity products; should the puritans of fashion indulge in them?

I've been fairly impressed with the Jessica Simpson line of shoes. I assume she doesn't design them but does make the final decision on which ones to make. Many of her shoes are cute and stylish. Jennifer Lopez always looks fabulous so why wouldn't we assume that her products will also be fabulous? yet, I really was embarrassed and even told the salesman that I couldn't tell anyone I had purchased Jessica Simpson shoes.

I've decided that that is silly. After all, no one has proprietary control over fabulousness. I am not particularly brand conscious, I just like what I like. What I like generally happens to be Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo and the master, Manolo. However, that does not mean that I won't be the first to point out fug in any of those designer's lines. Remember the Burberry ugliest shoe on the planet? I like Burberry, as a rule. In the end all that matters is whether the product contains its requisite amount of fabulousness. Who cares whose name is on it if it looks fabulous on your fancy feet or perfectly proportioned ear lobes.

If I were a celebrity my line of shoes would be worshipped like a child worships Barney: with abandon, passion and the knowledge that you are more right than right in your love of something purple and fabulous.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Christian Lacroix "973985"

1 Fabulosas:

jalilifer said...

I have a pair of Jessica Simpson ballet flats which I adore. They are my "just slip them on, and my feet look and feel fab" shoes.