Monday, April 23, 2007

Liesl, 7N

How much shoe talk is too much? Or to be more exact: is there ever a time when shoe talk is inappropriate? I have a feeling many of you know where I am going with this; yes, fabulosas, I am talking about noticing the shoes in the stall next to you in the restroom.

Here's the deal: I was, you know, the other day at Target and I happened to notice the thongs the lady next to me was wearing and I really, really wanted a pair. I sat there for a moment (because, you know, where was I going to go?) and decided against asking her through the stall walls. The conversation in my head went something like this:

Shoe Whore Liesl: Well, those shoes ARE really cute and they look new! If I ask her where she got them I might be able to get some, too.
Tactful Liesl: Yeah, but you'd have to first get her attention. What are you going to say? hey lady! the one next to me with the fabulous thongs and the interesting sounding bathroom experience?
Shoe Whore Liesl: Yeah, but once I got her attention she'd be happy to share the information with a fellow bathroom goer.
Tactful Liesl: Dude! no one wants to talk to you when they're in the bathroom praying to Jesus for relief!
Shoe Whore Liesl: Shoes trump all. ALL, I tell you! a quick question won't be weird.
Tactful Liesl: Yes, it will. Suck it up and realize you can't have every pair of fabulous shoes you see. Besides, do you really want to walk around in shoes that remind you of stinky tee tee? No, you do not.

At this point in the conversation I realized that in sitting there debating with myself my legs had fallen asleep. I had to sit there stomping my feet and trying to get the blood back into my legs. I noticed that in doing the stomping everyone in the bathroom curiously left in a bit of a hurry. I had missed my opportunity. Curse propriety!

If I had to choose between taking toilet paper to a deserted island and Jimmy Choos, I'd choose the Choos.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jimmy Choo

0 Fabulosas: