Friday, March 16, 2007

Liesl, 7N

I am looking for the perfect pair of black slides. You know, the kind of shoes you will know as soon as you see them? I went to DSW the other day and was perusing the sandals when I heard a man near me chuckling; I glanced up to see a nice looking salesman looking at me and giggling. When he noticed me looking at him he told me that he couldn't help but laugh because I was concentrating so hard. He said I looked like I was involved in some very serious business. He was right; I was looking for the perfect pair of black slides.

Sadly, I didn't find those slides that day. I went to Northpark today with my mom to try and find them there; no luck. I went to two department stores and several small shoe stores and could not find a pair that fit. They were all way too wide. It also happens to be the big sale at Dillard's and Nordstrom's and guess what? all of those shoes were too wide, too. OK, not all of them; I did get these boots (first pair, second row) for a ridiculously low price. Score!

A funny thing happened on the way to the Nordstrom's shoe department: I ran into a student who took one of my classes last summer. She asked me what I was doing there and then immediately said, oh, you're shoe shopping, of course. As you can infer, there isn't a person who knows me who doesn't know that I have mad shoe love. She also told me that she would take any class I offered because she loved my class so much. She is a good kid.

The best teachers are the ones who have fabulous taste in shoes.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Christian Louboutin

0 Fabulosas: