Friday, January 19, 2007

Liesl, 7N

I was recently reminded of my all time favorite youtube video. This video is simply perfect. "Those shoes are mine, bitch!" Yeah, I can get down with that.

OK people, and by people I mean designers, let's stop with the fugly shoes already. I was fondling the pretties at Nordstrom's today and ran across this shoe. I think this one may even be worse than the previously described fugliest shoe ever (Vivienne Westwood for Nine West). Honestly, it looks like two shoes you retrieved from the dumpster at the Goodwill and glued together. FUG. Fug for $450, mind you. If I ever saw a woman wearing these shoes I think I would be morally bound to do an intervention.

Dare I say it? I think they may be worse than Crocs. Why? because they are so ridiculously expensive without an actual benefit. When you pay a high price for couture you should expect to be buying something beautiful. What if your personal shopper brought these to you, already charged on your Nordstrom's card? Wouldn't you feel totally ripped off? Now, if they brought you a fabulous pair of Chanel slingbacks you would likely not feel ripped off because they are just perfect. The moral of all of this? Designers sometimes need to stop sniffing the shoe glue.

These Louboutin's would be worth every penny:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Christian Louboutin

1 Fabulosas:

Shoegirls said...

The Burberry? yeeeeeeeees. Can you believe that? How could they sell it?