Saturday, September 02, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I went to Northpark Mall last night. This is the mall I grew up going to and it remains my favorite mall in all the world. Yes, I've been to the Mall of America. Anyway, there are many shoe stores at Northpark and there is a Nine West just down from the Lush store, the place I was headed. As I was walking by, slowly to peruse the shoes in the window, I stopped and saw this boot. I stood outside of the store with my mouth agape staring at that boot. One of the saleswomen came out and said, "fabulous isn't it?" I shouted "NO!" and jumped back. Have you ever been so full of emotion that you start talking in that high pitched voice that only rare breeds of iguanas can hear? And of course, when you speak like that you also have to speak so fast that your words run together. Well, that was me, last night, in the middle of Northpark Mall. HOWCANYOUSELLSOMETHINGSOUGLY! MAKEITSTOP! MAKEITSTOP! MAKEITSTOP!

And then? I ran away. Literally. I ran away from the ugliest shoe on the planet. My friend found me huddled on a bench muttering to myself. My friend wisely led me to Neimans where my nose led me right to the shoe section where I was able to spend some time with my true friends, Manolo, Choo and Louboutin. They calmed me right down.

I think some retail therapy is in order, don't you?

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Constanca Basto "Lombarda"

2 Fabulosas:

Wildspiritart said...

Oh dear God! I cannot believe that whoever made this boot made another one to match it!
I actually recoiled in horror from my screen.
I need a drink.

Shoegirls said...

I know, right? Imagine my disgust at seeing it in PERSON!