Thursday, August 24, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I was shoe shopping a couple of days ago and found some very cute purple Cole Haan loafers. As I was checking out the lady behind the counter told me they had the perfect purse to match the shoes. I think I rather forcefully said NO! that's OK. She was a bit taken aback and just checked me out. Why did I have such a strong reaction? because accessories should.not.match. Ever.

Children wear things that match and it is considered cute. When grown ups try matchies it looks ridiculous. This holds true for purses and shoes. It is an old myth that your purse should match your shoes. Why? A well put together outfit will look good with complimenting colors and textures but too much matching just makes us look like we're trying to win the Lil' Miss Matchy state fair pageant. Wrong, so, so wrong.

My mother drags me to the Texas state fair every year so I know about state fair pageants. Pity me.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Vigotti R1948

0 Fabulosas: