Friday, July 14, 2006

Liesl, 7N

As I was sitting in my doctor's office waiting room today I looked around me at all of the shoes women were wearing. I was struck by one woman in particular; she was in a wheelchair and she had not a tooth in her head. She was quite old and probably quite sick since this was an oncology office but I'll be damned if she didn't have on her satin dancing shoes. It got me to thinking: is there ever a time when we should not wear our fabulous shoes?

I would surmise that this woman felt better about herself and her situation by wearing these shoes, even though she could no longer dance in them. I think that is an incredibly valid reason to have and to wear fabulous shoes. I was wearing my sandals with bling, though I had originally planned to wear sweats and tennies. (don't tell Suz!) As I was rushing out the door it dawned on me that I would feel better about sitting in a doctor's office for however long if I was wearing some fabulous shoes. I think perhaps insurance companies should write a shoe clause into their policies.

Fabulous shoes as a cure for cancer? Hmmmm!

Today's Favorite Shoe:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stuart Weitzman "Open Fire"

0 Fabulosas: