Thursday, April 06, 2006


More on Ugly Shoes

Suz, 10N


Liesl and I were chatting the other day. We came to a conclusion. Crocs are what is wrong with America. Crocs exemplify the lack of care and general apathy of the middle class towards everything, even personal appearance.

"But Suz, they're so comfortable" I don't give a rats' ass. I have comfortable shoes that aren't made out of plastic and look like something my car threw up on the street. I care about how I look. That includes my shoes. I don't like to look sloppy. I like to look like I take pride in my person.

I think Crocs are lazy. I think it's easier to just go along with the crowd and buy them. Then you don't have to consider anything. Just be told what to do, and you save yourself so much aggravation!

"But Suz, aren't you and Liesl telling us what to wear?"

No. No we are not. We are asking you to think about fashion, and your appearance and the beautiful shoes that are available. We want you to appreciate the beauty and art of good design. We want you to believe that you deserve to have such things in your life.

"But Suz, I don't care what other people think! I like them, they're comfortable, and that's good enough for me."

Sorry - what people think does matter. Like it or not, people judge you by your appearance. The impression given is that if you can't be bothered to take the time to look your best, you're not going to be bothered to take the time to do anything else well either. That applies to everything in life, not just work. You may be the nicest person in the world, but if you look like hell, it's going to color people's perceptions of you.

So friends - take a good look in the mirror before you go out. Honestly appraise the impression you are making on the rest of the world. Take some pride and care in your appearance. You deserve to look good. You deserve to have nice things. Stop dumbing down your wardrobe.

You are all beautiful - show it off!

Today's Shoe

Clark's 'Poe' Mule

3 Fabulosas:

Shoegirls said...

You must choose! You cannot escape us, we will assimilate you into a Crocless world!

Shoegirls said...

It depresses me that you think crocs are ok. It really does. That tells me you don't like yourself very much, and that is wrong. Really wrong.

I love you crocs or no, but I want you to seek therapy.

Shoegirls said...

Ok - I did not read your comment to Liesl about only wearing them around the house and garden. I take back thinking you need therapy. :P