Sunday, April 23, 2006

Liesl, 7N

Let's talk about discount shoes, specifically Payless Shoe Stores. When I was a kid Payless was the place the poor people went and not a place I was allowed to go. By the time I got to college and understood that I was no longer going to be buying my shoes at Neiman's, Payless seemed like an OK alternative. However, they never really had shoes I would consider wearing.

My, how things change! Payless now has near copies of all of the popular styles for prices that fit almost any budget. So, I have to ask myself: can I get over my shoe snobbery and shop at Payless? I have no problem admitting it: NO. It's not that I think I am better than Payless shoes (though I do), but more that I am very particular about what I put on my feet. It has been my experience that you get what you pay for in life and my feet deserve better than cheap shoes. Would I price shop when looking for a plastic surgeon? Of course not! Why would I do the same when looking for the little pieces of fabulous we call shoes?

The bottom line is, I value shoes too much to wear cheap shoes. If the shoe wasn't designed by a master shoe designer it isn't worth my dainty foot stepping one toe into its cheap smelling cheapness. I mean, have you ever noticed that Payless doesn't smell like other shoe stores? And honey! you can't mask the smell of cheap shoes. If they don't smell like happiness then your feet are too good for them.

Oh, and don't try to pass off cheap Payless shoes in stripper pictures as couture. Chances are good that if you need to sell naked pictures of yourself on the internet you are not going to be doing it in Manolos. Leave the joy of nice shoes to the people with class.

Today's Favorite Shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Stuart Weitzman Sensual

1 Fabulosas:

Unknown said...

good thank you....