Monday, April 10, 2006

Liesl, 7N

Ladies, it is pedicure time. I know it's been awhile since you needed to have your feet in sandal condition and I hope some of you had the foresight to start getting pedicures months ago in preparation for nice weather. For the rest of my shoe sisters, it is time. Grab your favorite polish and head to your local nail salon. Pay no mind to the scare tactics of the nightly news and their bacteria at nail salon stories. They just don't have pretty sandals and they're jealous!

There is a time in a woman's life when she needs to embrace power tools. No, I do not mean that you need to hunt through your garage and whip out your power screwdriver. (mind out of the gutter, ladies) The power tool we all need to embrace is the Dremel tool used with such loving care on your winter calluses at your local nail salon. I think it might be possible to measure your hibernation by the amount of skin dust floating around after your heels have been Dremeled into presentable sandal wearing heels. Please, let them Dremel your calluses; I do not want to see big cliffs of skin hanging off the end of someone's strappy Choos.

I would also like to point out that a French manicure looks ridiculous on toes. You don't grow your toenails out so that the bed is pink and the outgrown nail is white, right? So why would you mimic that look on your toenails? The French manicure mimics nature and what our nails would look like if they were totally healthy and clean all the time. Seriously, the thought of someone growing out their toenails to mimic their fingernails is just gross. Don't do it.

What color are your toenails today? Leave comments and tell me! Mine are pale blue.

Today's Favorite Shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Christian Dior

5 Fabulosas:

Shoegirls said...

Mine are pink. Essie, "Beachy" I think it's called.

Shoegirls said...

I'm not liking the pale blue this time. I picked pink first, a color I never choose for my toenails, but changed my mind. Always go with your first instinct!

Jami Lynn said...

Mine are a beautiful, glossy fire engine red right now - that was the first bottle I grabbed off the shelf.

I do my own pedicures - I have some nice foot lotion that I picked up at Victoria's Secret right after my deployment to help out with Hurricane Katrina (wearing combat boots for 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, in Mississippi's September humidity is hell on anyone's feet). It's kept the calluses and other grossness away. :-)

Keep up the great posts!

Jami - 9N

Shoegirls said...

I am so bad at doing my own that I just never attempt it anymore. I love bright, fire engine red!

Shoegirls said...

Ooh, I love red nails. I like Essie "Cherry Bomb". I don't do my own nails anymore because they just never look as good as when I pay someone else to do it for me.

Suz, 10N