Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Suz, 10N

As Spring begins to take over little by little here in NYC, people start to get antsy. Mind, spring is still a week away. Snow is forecast for St. Patrick's Day. Yet, people are starting to jump the gun on their footwear. You know what I'm talking about. At the first sign of warm weather, they bring out the sandals. I understand this urge, truly I do. I want my feet to feel free as much as the next person. However, no matter how badly I want to, I don't indulge. Why? It's not even freakin' St. Patrick's Day yet!

Friends, if you live in the cooler climes of the United States, you must resist the urge to flaunt those toes when it's still March. It looks silly. Not to mention, many of you have not been keeping your feet in good condition over the winter, so I am subjected to your nasty toenails and scaly heels. Spare me. Please.

There is one exception to this, of course. Evening wear. You may wear evening sandals year 'round, if you like.

When can you bring out all those cute shoes? Mid-April is the earliest, I think. And then only if we're having an unusually warm spring. Otherwise, we're talking May. It's best for the leaves to be on the trees before your toes peek out of your shoes. You can then wear your sandals with impunity until the temperatures drop back into the low 60's, and the leaves turn to the golden colors of fall.

By then, you'll be ready for all the new boot styles that will be out.



Nordstrom 'Kenya' Sandal


0 Fabulosas: