Saturday, March 04, 2006

Liesl, 7N

Suz jinxed me the other day before I left for work. She told me about a bad shoe faux pas which, in turn, made me run into a young lady with a worse shoe faux pas. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the bad shoe decision round up.

I live in Dallas where most people are pretty good about their footwear choices. However, as I was walking across campus on Wednesday I saw a young woman wearing a short black skirt, black stockings, and... oh the horror of it.... WHITE PUMPS. Madonna singing Like A Virgin on the MTV Video Music Awards white pumps. Why on god's green earth would anyone think that white pumps look good? Why?

I'm not talking about tasteful, understated white pumps, or even off white pumps. No, no. I am talking about the bright, cheap looking pumps that were somehow popular in the 80s. Madonna looked trashy in them in 1984 and anyone who wears them now will look trashy. Do you think Manolo will ever make a pair of white pumps and sell them at Neiman's? No! Would you ever see Audrey Hepburn in a pair of white pumps? No! Would you ever see Coco Chanel in white pumps? No! Will you ever see me in a pair of white pumps? HELL NO!

Do you think I should have tapped this young woman on the shoulder, pointed at her feet and shook my head with a disapproving look on my face?

Today's favorite shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Yves Saint Laurent Linen Slingback

0 Fabulosas: