Thursday, February 23, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I want to know who the first woman was who thought it was ok to wear stockings with sandals. Who is this woman of very bad judgment? Did she think she was fooling everyone? Hey look! my tan extends down to my toes which are oddly fused together! Seam? What seam? No, just NO.

I think this stockings with sandals epidemic has reached new heights of wrongness lately. What makes me state that? The fact that they now make stockings with toes that are cut out so that you can wear them with sandals without looking like it. Again, who is this fooling? The only women who have perfectly smooth, tanned legs and feet are models in magazines. Want to know why? Do you? Because they're air brushed! No, just NO.

If you are going to wear a fabulous pair of sandals why would you ruin the effect with a $2 pair of stockings? Liberate your toes, ladies! Oh, and don't forget to get a pedicure before venturing into sandaland.

Today's favorite shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Nicole Miller Fedora

9 Fabulosas:

Kelley said...

I used to wear pantyhose with open toed shoes and strappy sandals, but that was back in the 70s and 80s. Everyone did it. And you pulled the seam underneath your toes so no one could see it. ;-)

Shoegirls said...

I never did it!

Shoegirls said...

I never did it either!

Kelley said...

I don't believe y'all!

Shoegirls said...

We were raised right!

Lisa said...

Kelley, I did the same and my leg with shoe was photographed for the yearbook - logged for eternity. ;)

Shoegirls said...

Re: your profile, Lisa. My cousin was in American History X and I bet I could get him to state that stockings with open toed shoes is just wrong! :Þ

Shoegirls said...

I avoid pantyhose like the plague. I wear them only under duress. This has always been the case. In the 80's, I was into punk, so you can be damend sure I never wore pantyhose!

Lisa said...

Very cool about your cousin.

Well, I'm sure that you and your cousin are right about the open toe with stockings. I have learned the error of my ways. I don't do it now, that's all that matters.