Friday, February 17, 2006

Suz, 10N

A Night at the Opera

My fabulous husband B took me to my first opera last night. La Traviata at the Met. The first performance I've ever seen in Lincoln Center. Quite possibly the most amazing evening out I've experienced in my life. B, I love you.

What has this to do with shoes, you ask? Think about it. People dress for the opera. Well, some people. Some don't. During the intermissions, I was out in the lobby checking out shoes. Woman in black cocktail dress with red satin slingbacks. Fashion do. Woman in sequinned dress and brown leather ankle boots. Fashion don't. Ladies - never, ever wear ankle boots with a dress. Especially a formal one. There were many women wearing all sorts of variations on black strappy sandals. all looked lovely, yet they all faded into each other. I am guilty of falling into the black evening shoe habit. It's easy, and always appropriate. I have learned a lesson. Color in your evening shoes is fun. In fact, I believe it may be a requirement. Because out of all the shoes I checked out last night, the ones I remember are the red satin slingbacks.

RSVP 'Sabine'

1 Fabulosas:

Kelley said...

Pretty shoes!