Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Suz 10N

I am hard on my shoes. Very hard. Since I have such a hard time finding shoes that fit, I tend to hang on to my favorites long past their prime. You know what I'm talking about.

I always think I'm going to get them reheeled, or resoled, but I never get around to it. Yet I can't just get rid of them. They are perfectly good shoes. Only in need of minor repair. For example, the metal thingy in the heels showing through, causing a little "click click click" when you walk (otherwise known as VLS: Very Loud Shoes). Why not just take them to the cobbler and let him stick on new little plastic heels? How hard and time consuming can that be?

Where should shoes go when they die? Mine migrate to hidden corners of my closet. Twice a year or so, I get the urge to clean it out, and I find them. Usually one or two pairs will be thrown in the trash before I can allow myself to even think of keeping them. The rest? Into a little pile that's meant for repair. 6 months later, I find them hiding in the corners again, and maybe another pair hits the trash. I just can't bear to throw them away unless they are truly disgusting and beyond hope.

Maybe I need some sort of intervention.

Today's shoe is Vaneli's Bena. I posted 2 pictures, because I like both colors a lot.



1 Fabulosas:

Shelly said...

Oooh. Hard to decide, but I think I like the brown ones better.