Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I wear my shoes into the ground. I have worn shoes with holes in the soles because I loved them so much. I have worn shoes that no longer fit because I loved them so much. I admit it, I can't let go of my shoes.

When a pair of shoes has clearly seen better days most people, I would think, are able to throw them away. I, on the other hand, cannot do such a thing. I see them sitting in the trash with the cans of cat food and remains of dinner and they just look so forlorn, so lost. Those sweet shoes didn't deserve that kind of end! If I don't put them in the trash and then put trash on top of them I will take them out of the trash sooner or later. It's really, well, pathetic.

I think someone should provide a shoe cremation service. I could save all of the ashes of my shoes and have them mixed in with my ashes when I die so that we can all be together for eternity. We can all be made into a ball and placed in a reef that needs repair; or shot into space; or dumped in the ocean ceremoniously. Either way, we could be together forever as I intended when I bought them.

Today's Favorite Shoe:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Vigotti R1950

1 Fabulosas:

Shoegirls said...

Suz is the one who goes through the closet hibernation. I have dogs who chew up my shoes and make the decision for me. Little bastards!