Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Suz 10N

And people wonder why the rest of the world laughs at us

From The Manolo's Shoe Blog:

http://shoeblogs.com/wordpress/2007/06/12/impeach-him/#comments

I don't know what to say. I really don't. Not only is he wearing crocs, but he's wearing them with Presidential Seal socks.

Fellow Americans I plead with you to wear good shoes. The photo clearly illustrates how wrong crocs are. Worse yet, with socks. Also, don't wear socks with pictures on them. Even if you are the President and the picture is the Presidential Seal. Just. Don't.

Speaking of being international and all, I just returned from a whirlwind trip to London. I looked at lots of shoes. Sadly, I did not buy. The exchange rate is TERRIBLE. I was relieved to see only one person wearing crocs while I was there, and I suspect they were American.

It's been a long, long time since I traveled overseas. Imagine my surprise when I cleared security at Heathrow only to be thrust into a giant duty-free shopping mall! There were shoe stores everywhere. Including one my favorites - Ferragamo. I went in to look around. The salesperson was lovely. I explained I could not buy, but oh, how I loved the shoes. She very kindly allowed me to peruse the offerings at my leisure, and politely ignored my little gasps and moans as I caressed a particularly fine pair. It was such a pleasurable end to my trip.

I can guarantee you she would not have been so accommodating had I been wearing crocs.


Today's Shoe:

Salvatore Ferragamo Salut 1 Python Pump

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Fabulosas:

Anonymous said...

Crocs are horrid. But what if you have a foot injury and can't wear heels any more? Could either of you recommend several fabulous shoe styles for someone in this predicament? Liesl, you mentioned something about this in a past post, so can you give details? Help!

Shoegirls said...

It's unfortunate that shoe designers don't feel the need to design for everyone. Very few women will be able to wear heels all their lives, yet we have so few options when we are injured or disabled. In the end, you just have to search for these things on your own. Some people are able to find comfort in Borns, while others can still wear slides and be relatively OK. There are some designers designing for specific disabilities. I tried these shoes on and found them to be more comfortable than anything I had ever worn: http://www.munroshoes.com/ Why they have to be so matronly, I really cannot say. They are FAR better than shoes specifically designed for the disabled, though.

If I had my own line of shoes I'd make them for everyone.