Thursday, May 24, 2007

Suz 10N


I was watching the news this morning, luxuriating in my newly laid-off status. Oh, to loll around with my coffee in the morning, instead of getting up at 4:30 AM to maintain my girlish figure! It's fabulous! Well, not really. I can't afford to buy any shoes at this time. I must wait until I am gainfully employed once more.

I have had to refrain from even looking at the Nordstrom and Zappos sites. I must pinch pennies. I must not buy more shoes. I must not think bad thoughts.

This poses a dilemma, of course. I was just getting ready to purchase my spring/summer footwear when I was rudely ejected from my place of employment. Ok, they weren't rude, they were very nice and gave me a good package, so I really can't bitch too much.

But my spring/summer footwear is...last years! The HORROR. Thank God Liesl gifted me with a lovely pair of pink patent leather peeptoes with a kitten heel as an early birthday present or I would be sunk.

Did I mention I was watching the news this morning? Yes I did. I failed, however, to tell you about the story that caught my eye. Dear friends, it is an amazing tale. It's almost too good to be true. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.

Are you ready? Are you really ready? Are you sitting down? Better yet, are you posing in a pair of sassy Manolos? You are? Good.

Saks is opening a new shoe floor. With 10,000 pairs of shoes. The size of an entire New York City block. In fact, faithful readers, this floor will have it's own zip code. 10022-SHOE. Yes! Our government has finally done something right! A zip code dedicated to shoes! It's no coincidence that the Democrats have taken over the House and the Senate, and now we have a zip code dedicated to shoes. They know what they're doing.

Today's Shoe

Dior Point Toe Pumps

0 Fabulosas: