Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I was at Northpark, yet again, yesterday and as I was noticing the shoes women were wearing to shop in, a question occurred to me: should we wear nice shoes to buy nice shoes? The majority of the women you see at Northpark Mall are dressed very well and have on nice shoes that compliment their nice outfits; every 10th woman, however, will be wearing tennies or flip flops or some other "comfortable" shoe. Do we expect to try on fabulous shoes with sweat pants?

I am of two minds on this issue: I want to be comfortable when I am shopping so that I can devote all of my attention to the important and life renewing task at hand: choosing shoes. However, I also want to be dressed well enough to be able to see those shoes in their natural environment, on me looking fabulous, before I take them home. How can this be accomplished in sweats and gym socks? There seems to be some sort of odd mingling of sweat and fashion when you combine tennies with a trip to Better Shoes at Neiman's. Dare we walk among the couture with our feet stuffed into heavy, white socks and sensible running shoes? I think perhaps the Manolos and Choos and Louboutins would shudder just slightly at the sight of their bastard cousins of foam and rubber.

Besides, you don't want the shoe salesman (yes, man) to touch your sweaty socks, do you? You do? Perv!

Today's favorite shoe:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Christian Louboutin

0 Fabulosas: