Sunday, November 26, 2006

Liesl, 7N

Whenever I update this blog I put the picture of the shoe I featured in my Delphiforums signature. I do that because we don't update on a schedule, just when the fancy strikes, and I like to remind people to check out our fabulous blog with fabulous shoes. I generally get several, "Oh! I must have that shoe!" comments and a few, "Fugly!" comments as well. A few weeks ago when I was featuring the purple Will's Fancy shoe one of my friends told me her son was sure the shoe was a butterfly. This post is dedicated to little Kevin. :)

I think the thought of shoes as naturally beautiful as something like a butterfly is a good one. I can't think of something else in nature that so ably describes a shoe: what starts out as raw, often ugly material turns into something so breathtaking we hesitate to touch it for fear of spoiling its beauty. This is true of butterflies and shoes. To have a butterfly land near you and let you see its beautiful markings feels as special as finding that perfect pair of pumps; it's a bit of luck mixed with a bit of nature and a bit of ingenuity. If you sit still long enough the butterfly may stick around for a bit; if you try on enough shoes you may find that perfect pair. It's all in what you make of it.

When nature and art collide the result is a fabulous pair of shoes.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Emporio Armani Suede Butterfly

1 Fabulosas:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!