Friday, November 10, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I went to Northpark again today. I met my mom at Maggiano's for lunch; it doesn't hurt that the restaurant is right next to Dillard's, which has a fabulous shoe department. What else could we do but browse through the shoes and try some on? A woman remarked on how lucky I am to be able to walk up to the display shoe and try it on. Did you know that retailers usually put out the smallest size they have in the shoes they display? I guess they think the smaller sizes make them look more attractive.

I wanted to go to Dillard's today to try on the new Cole Haan heels. I am a big Oprah Winfrey fan and when she talks about something being good on her show I will invariably check it out on my own. Cole Haan has teamed with Nike to create what they think are comfortable heels. Oprah agrees with them and she asserts that they are, in fact, comfortable. Obviously, I had to try on these heels. I chose a relatively nice looking pair of 4-inch heels and slipped my tootsies into that concoction of leather and padding. The result was not pleasing.

When will shoe designers realize that you can put a mountain of cushioning in a shoe but it doesn't mean diddly squat if you don't also support the foot? Yes, these shoes had more cushioning and were a smidge more comfortable than your regular heels, but they wholly lacked any kind of support. How could that ever be comfortable? Someday Suz and I will have our line of fabulous yet functional shoes. I swear it!

I have a pair of Cole Haan/Nike loafers that the dogs chewed before I ever got to wear them; sensing a pattern there?

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Isaac Mizrahi "Varana"

2 Fabulosas:

Kim said...

Check out the new Aerosoles... they are actually comfortable shoes that don't contort your foot, and the new designs are very cute and sporty! They definitely aren't frumpy "sensible shoes" any more.

Shoegirls said...

Thanks for the tip! I will check them out.