Thursday, October 05, 2006

Liesl, 7N

There is a crispness in the air that can mean only one thing: it's time to break out the boots! I was walking through Dillards the other day in my favorite boots on the first cool day in Dallas this fall. (the weather has gone back to hot, unfortunately) As I was passing the new fall sweaters a saleslady commented on my fabulous boots and told me she was so excited to be able to wear boots again. She said that her two favorite kinds of shoes are sandals and boots; I commented that those were my two favorite shoes, too. Isn't it fun when you meet a kindred shoe spirit? She somehow knew on first glance that she could talk to me about shoes. Smart lady.

Do you buy a new pair of boots every year? I do. I know this isn't remarkable since I buy new shoes every season, but it seems so much more of an occasion when I buy new boots. Maybe it is because boots are substantial and make us feel like dominatrixes in fabulous footwear. Or, maybe it is just the changing of the season from sun kissed sandals frolicking in the sand to sophisticated boots walking through the fallen leaves. Oh hell, I don't know. Whatever it is, I love buying new fall boots.

Yes, yes, I know... I love buying all new shoes.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kenneth Cole "Milkshake"

0 Fabulosas: