Saturday, April 15, 2006

Liesl, 7N
I spend a fair amount of time looking at shoes online. I usually say something like, "Oh! I like that!" or "Oh! pretty!" when I see a pair of shoes I really like. Every now and then, however, I see a pair of shoes that makes me groan with desire. Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to talk about the shoegasm.

When I opened the link for the Betsey Johnson shoes below I found myself groaning over the pinky prettyness and thinking about what they would look like on my feet. My excitement rose as I imagined a foot sliding into the shoe and wrapping the straps around my delicate ankle. As I imagined standing up in the shoes I almost couldn't take the desire for them anymore. The only release I truly see would be the purchase of those shoes: Shoegasm completus.

I don't recommend groaning over shoes in public. I do tend to lovingly fondle shoes at Neiman's and Nordstrom's but I find that if I stay too long or make my shoegasm eyes too obvious they will start to look at me funny. And then? well, I clearly need to buy several pairs of shoes to prove that I am not some freak who only likes to fondle the pretties. No, no, I need to take them home to fondle them.

Shoegasms can replace all kinds of bodily needs; they fill a void, you know.

Today's Favorite Shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Betsey Johnson Carissa

0 Fabulosas: