Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Liesl, 7N

Like any lover of fashion, I watch the Oscars every year. I used to have to skip the preshow since the most annoying two women on the planet had a lock on hosting it, Joan and Melissa Rivers. It was a banner day in the McQ household when they were booted. I'm sure they were booted with a nice pair of Uggs to soften the humiliation. Anyway...

I am always perturbed by the lack of coverage on the shoes under the beautiful gowns. The Stuart Weitzman shoe is always highlighted but that's the only one I've ever seen particularly respected. It's time for that to change.

Look, I know it's mostly about the gowns; they are the most visible, the largest thing your eye would go to, especially this year in Charlize Theron's case, but come on! The shoes need some respect, too. Think of how much better it would have been if someone had just panned down to Charlize Theron's shoes rather than focusing on that godawful bow.

What treasures lurk beneath those reams of silk and chiffon? Are they secretly wearing Pumas? Was Sandra Bullock wearing granny flats so as not to upstage Keanu Reeves? Was Jessica Alba wearing most of her weight on her feet? God knows she isn't wearing it anywhere else. Would we be shunning Isaac Mizrahi now if he had touched Scarlett Johansson's feet instead of her boob?

My point is this: Give the shoes a little more respect and we will all lead happier, healthier and wealthier lives. And no one will ever again have to wash their mind out with bleach after watching Isaac cop a feel.

Today's Favorite Shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Isaac Mizrahi Stellare

1 Fabulosas:

Shoegirls said...

I am actually leaning towards these as my favorites, too. I just love the brightness of the yellow, though I love them in all of the colors. You should get them! Zappos won't be carrying them once they're sold out. Get them then take pictures!