Thursday, March 09, 2006

Liesl, 7N

I don't have true shoe emergencies; I have a general state of alarm between my shoes and my feet.

A friend of mine recently told me that she had thought of me and this blog when she wore cute little mules to work one day, forgetting that she was going to be doing a lot of walking. She ended up having to go to Target (happy place) to buy a new pair of shoes that wouldn't betray her feet.

There's the rub: shoes betray my feet every step of the way. Shoes invariably rub the skin off of my toes or heels or pinch my toes into deformity. Imagine trying to walk around with piglets so scrunched together that you feel like you're walking on a solid mass of flesh rather than an elegant foot with perfect little toes. I have elegant feet, for the most part; my feet are probably the type of feet shoe designers have in mind when they design shoes. They are long and narrow with very high arches. If I could live my life elegantly allowing shoe salesmen (yes, men) to elegantly slip elegant shoes on my elegant feet, I'd be happy. However, life is not an elegant Fred Astaire movie, now, is it?

So, I wistfully dream of the day when a master shoe craftsman (yes, man) will come to me and beg me to allow him to make shoes for my perfect, slender, little feet. He will lovingly slip the final product onto my ever-so-slightly trembling feet and we will both know that anything is possible. Anything, that is, as long as your shoes don't pinch.

Today's Favorite Shoe:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Will's Fancy Calla

3 Fabulosas:

Shoegirls said...

I could have sworn you said mules!

robert mar said...

its all about the shoes ehh ?

Shoegirls said...

It is all about the shoes. All.