Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Liesl, 7N

When I walk into a shoe store I inhale deeply. The smell of the shoes gives me a euphoric feeling like nothing else on earth. It smells so, so... what? luxurious? No, that's not quite right. I think it smells like me. When I say me, I mean, it smells like something I love deep down in my very soul. Maybe I am a bit dramatic but have I mentioned? I love shoes.

I prefer to go to stand alone shoe stores mostly for the smell factor. When you browse shoes in a department store the smell dissipates into the lingerie or jewelry or better clothes section and it isn't as pure. Stand alone stores also tend to be less crowded into a tiny space in a larger area so there is more room to stroll among the shoes and lovingly stroke them.

I went to Designer Shoe Warehouse the other day and walked out with 4 pairs of shoes in about half an hour. I am pretty quick when it comes to spotting what I want; there isn't a lot of equivocation on shoes with me. Since that day I've been back to DSW twice. Once to make my mom buy a pair of the Tommy Bahamas posted recently and once more to find something else. I would drag my butt out of a hospital bed if someone mentioned shoe shopping. I'm not kidding.

So the moral of the story is, stand alone shoe stores smell like happiness.

Today's Favorite Shoe:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Anne Klein Bahia

0 Fabulosas: