Sunday, June 03, 2007

Liesl, 7N

My mother recently reminded me of a trip we took to Paris about 15 years ago. I had forgotten one interesting little tidbit about the trip: I was utterly obsessed with buying two pairs of shoes. I don't remember this because it was a micro example of a macro obsession; however, my mom has never forgotten it.

The part my mom can't remember is if it was two particular pairs of shoes or if I just wanted two new pairs of shoes from Paris. Clearly, if you are in Paris you should buy shoes, right? It's Paris, for heaven's sake! It's not as if you are in Cincinnati. My mom remembers this because I was so adamant about it and she was probably really annoyed at my single minded devotion to the idea buying shoes. You'd think she would have gotten used to it by then. Now? she just rolls her eyes and goes along with it, knowing there is nothing she can do short of distracting me with... yeah, I can't think of anything that would distract me from buying shoes.

I honestly can't imagine going to Paris or New York and not buying shoes. I was once in an elevator in a hotel in New York with all of my shopping bags when two older women got on and struck up a conversation. It went something like this:

Them: I see you've been shopping!
Me: Oh yes! I can't come to New York and not take advantage of the shoe selection.
Them: Oh. Well, we are here to see museums, not do something like shopping, something you can do anywhere.
Me: Sucks to be you, I guess.

Some people have a screwed up idea of good priorities.

Today's favorite shoe:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jimmy Choo "Margo"

0 Fabulosas: